Recipe by bevs kitchen
These are a great basic muffin that takes any ingredient into the mix to make variations to suit what you have. Very easy but tasty muffin made by a famous British baker.
- 4 ounces self raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 ounces caster sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 ounces butter, melted
- 4 fluid ounces milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla or 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 ounces fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt into a large bowl; stir but not too much.
- Add the beaten egg, melted butter, milk and vanilla; stir.
- Add your choice of fruit, nuts or chocolate to make your own version of muffin.
- Place into muffin tins or cases.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at Gas 6.