Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Food Network kitchen staff. I've been making this now for almost 2 years and it's not only quick and easy to prepare it's delicious. What I really appreciate about this Macaroni Salad is that I live in a household divided. Half of us like mayonaise and the other loves Miracle Whip. This Macaroni Salad is a big pleaser with EVERYONE! This brought peace back to our table. ;)
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni, cooked, rinsed, and drained
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, plus more
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl combine the macaroni, celery, onion, and tomato.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, sour cream and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
- Store covered in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
This is a good, basic macaroni salad recipe. I agree with the other reviewer that it's a little heavy on the onions (and celery) but thats a matter of personal taste. Thanks for posting. Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2012.
Easy, good recipe but a little heavy on the onions. I did soak them for about 15 minutes but they are still a bit overpowering. Next time I might try a sweet onion or scallions instead. Thanks for the recipe!