Recipe by Karamia
I love lasagna because it is so saucy, rich and comforting and this recipe is no exception! There's no Italian sausage in it making it "American". I found this recipe online. Hope you'll give it a try!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, not packed down
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 9 -12 dry lasagna noodles
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pint part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown ground beef, onions and garlic; drain fat.
- Stir in basil, oregano, brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, diced tomatoes and tomatoes paste. Simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Layer 1/3 of noodles (3-4) in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover noodles with 1/2 of ricotta mixture, 1/2 of mozzarella and 1/3 of sauce. Repeat. Top with remaining noodles and sauce. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.