Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yes, America....there really is a Hidden Valley Ranch! In 1954, Steve and Gayle Henson opened a dude ranch near Santa Barbara, California called Hidden Valley Ranch. To their guests, they served a dressing that Steve had developed. The dressing was popular, and they began selling bottles that guests could take home. This expanded into mass production which continues today but no longer with the Hensons. The secret formula is now owned by the people at Clorox Corp.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- Whisk together the garlic cloves, worcestershire sauce and vinegar in a bowl. Add in the mayonnaise, sour cream and milk. Combine well. Add in the fresh herbs and stir. Chill.