Recipe by Member #610488
Japanese Salad Dressing, called Wafu Dressing in the US, is a common dressing found in Japan and is based on the use of soy sauce in a vinaigrette style sauce.
- 1⁄3 cup carrots, peeled thinly sliced (baby food jars) or 1⁄3 cup carrot puree (baby food jars)
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1⁄2 inch ginger, peeled
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer peeled carrots in 1 inch of water until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain and let cool (Skip this if using carrot puree).
- Combine carrots (puree), white miso, and ginger in a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, chives and sesame seeds and pulse until mixed. Chill.