Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The original vinaigrette is from French cuisine but the Italians have taken it and made it their own.
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, shallots and 1/4 tsp salt. Combine well.
- Still whisking the mixture, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. When the olive oil has been fully integrated, add the black pepper and give it another quick beating. Chill and remix if it has separated before serving.