Recipe by Member #610488
The classic Vinaigrette is a salad dressing in the French cuisine. Other cuisines that have had interactions with the French also offer vinaigrettes but with local variations. A basic vinaigrette is nothing more than 3 parts oil and 1 part vinegar with a pinch of salt. This recipe expands on the basic recipe and gives you a bit more flavor.
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, shallots and 1/4 tsp salt. Combine well.
- Still whisking the mixture, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. When the olive oil has been fully integrated, add the black pepper and give it another quick beating. Chill and remix if it has separated before serving.