Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This easy recipe allows you to use your favorite blue cheese, whether it is Maytag, Roquefort, Gorgonzola, Blue Stilton or something local to you. Blue cheeses have been around since the Roman era but this dressing dates from the late 1800's.
- 6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- In a bowl, mash together the blue cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Mix in the milk, chives, shallot and white wine vinegar. Combine and chill.