1/1 Photo of American Key Lime Pie
Perfect Pixie's Note:
When we were in Florida, we had the most amazing key lime pie I have had ever had at a restaurant, we had to ask for the recipe. So here it is.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 95 g butter
- 175 g digestive biscuits
- 50 g Grape-nuts cereal
- 1 tablespoon lime zest (zest 3 limes)
- 150 ml lime juice (juice 4-5 large limes)
- 3 large egg yolks
- 400 g condensed milk
- 1You will need a loose-based flan tin with a diameter of 9-inches, 1-inch deep and a solid baking sheet.
- 2pre-heat oven to 180°.
- 3Begin by placing the butter in a pan over the lowest heat to melt.
- 4Crush the digestive biscuits.
- 5Add to a separate bowl and mix in the grape nuts.
- 6Then add the melted butter and mix well.
- 7Place mixture in your flan tin and using your hands, press it down evenly and firmly all over the base and up the sides of the tin.
- 8Place it on the baking sheet and bake on the centre shelf of the oven 10-12 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- 9Meanwhile, place the egg yolks and lime zest in a bowl.
- 10Using a electric mixer, whisk them for about 2 minutes or until the egg has thickened.
- 11Add the condensed milk and whisk for another 4 minutes.
- 12Finally add the lime juice and give it another quick mix.
- 13Pour the whole lot on to the baked crust and return it to the oven for another 20 minutes or until it feels just set when you lightly press the centre with your litle finger.
- 14Remove from oven and when it's completely cold, cover with clingfilm and chill until needed.
- 15Serve cut in slices with cream fraiche and a twist of lime for decoration.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for American Key Lime Pie
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.0
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 121.0 mg
- Sodium 339.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: