Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From recipesitalian.com.Let it sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- 453.59 g package fusilli
- 236.59 ml frozen baby peas, thawed
- 2 (113.39 g) cansliced black olives
- 236.59 ml cubed genoa salami
- 177.44 ml chopped green onion
- 177.44 ml chopped celery
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 19.84 g package Italian salad dressing mix
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 29.58 ml milk
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain.
- In a medium bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, milk and Italian dressing mix. Whisk together until smooth, set aside. In a large salad bowl combine cooked and cooled pasta, peas, olives, salami, green onions, celery and parsley.
- Mix in dressing last, reserving 1/2 cup.
- Let sit over night in fridge. Stir before serving.
- Add extra dressing if pasta appears dry.
My new favorite! I like to use the mini-farfalle pasta. Tastes great left over, too.
Great colorful pasta salad. I used rainbow fusilli for even more added color. I really expected to be able to taste the Italian dressing mix more, but the dressing was very mellow in flavor, not overwhelming. I used about half the amount of green onions, just personal preference.
Outstanding! And that's from a person who has never liked pasta salads in her life!! I only made the recipe bkz my husband and son love it, so thought I'd give it a go since his parents were visiting. Everyone raved about it and my husband said it just may be the best pasta salad he's ever had. It made a HUGE amount, perfect for a potluck, but consider making half if there are four or less. One note, I did not reserve any dressing... just dumped everything together and it was perfect. :)