1/7 Photos of American Indian Fry Bread
I used to work at an American Indian reastraunt Where I ate these at least once a day. Sometimes with a little butter other times as a Navajo Taco. Also try the Tostada.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in skillet til hot over med-high heat, but not smoking.
- 2In a large bowl, Combine the rest of the ingredients to make dough.
- 3Shape into round disks.
- 4Fry shaped dough in hot oil til brown and crispy.
- 5Serve hot.
- 6Traditionally you would eat this with stew.
- 7Or top with some honey.
- 8I personally like to spread a little butter on it.
- 9Two other popular choices, make chili.
- 10Pile Chili on top and add a little cheese, lettuce and tomato for a"Navajo Taco" Or use the round as your base for a Tostada, add taco meat, beans, cheese, lettuce, tomato and Guacamole.
- 11See my Creamy Guacamole recipe.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for American Indian Fry Bread
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.4
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 206.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g