I used to work at an American Indian reastraunt Where I ate these at least once a day. Sometimes with a little butter other times as a Navajo Taco. Also try the Tostada.
- Heat oil in skillet til hot over med-high heat, but not smoking.
- In a large bowl, Combine the rest of the ingredients to make dough.
- Shape into round disks.
- Fry shaped dough in hot oil til brown and crispy.
- Serve hot.
- Traditionally you would eat this with stew.
- Or top with some honey.
- I personally like to spread a little butter on it.
- Two other popular choices, make chili.
- Pile Chili on top and add a little cheese, lettuce and tomato for a"Navajo Taco" Or use the round as your base for a Tostada, add taco meat, beans, cheese, lettuce, tomato and Guacamole.
- See my Creamy Guacamole recipe.