Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
I used to work at an American Indian reastraunt Where I ate these at least once a day. Sometimes with a little butter other times as a Navajo Taco. Also try the Tostada.
- Heat oil in skillet til hot over med-high heat, but not smoking.
- In a large bowl, Combine the rest of the ingredients to make dough.
- Shape into round disks.
- Fry shaped dough in hot oil til brown and crispy.
- Serve hot.
- Traditionally you would eat this with stew.
- Or top with some honey.
- I personally like to spread a little butter on it.
- Two other popular choices, make chili.
- Pile Chili on top and add a little cheese, lettuce and tomato for a"Navajo Taco" Or use the round as your base for a Tostada, add taco meat, beans, cheese, lettuce, tomato and Guacamole.
- See my Creamy Guacamole recipe.
Incredible! This tastes like the real thing and is very easy to make. I mixed mine in a bread machine for extra smooth dough, but that might have been unnecessary.
Loved it! Was looking for something that would be similar to Taco Bell Chalupa, and it was great!! No more overpriced Baja Beef Chalupas with very little meat!! 8~) I've tried Fry Bread before, and it go well, this worked perfectly. Thanks so much for posting!
Came out perfectly, thank you. I put a little honey on it and called it breakfast.