Marge Pahmahmie was well know for her fry bread in Horton Kansas. She use to make dishpan's of dough for many of the Indian functions! This is a smaller version of her recipe, for 5 or 6 rounds of bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all dry ingredients well. Add enough water to make biscuit like dough.
- 2Take about 3 Tablespoons of dough, make into ball and roll in flour.
- 3Using hands stretch to thin flat rounds (like pancakes).
- 4Make two 1 inch slits in the center of the round.
- 5(I just poke my finger through to make two holes.).
- 6Fry in oil at 365 degrees until lightly browned, turning once.
- 7The oil should be about 2 inches deep in pan, keeping oil hot.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for American Indian Fry Bread
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.6
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.1 mg
- Sodium 623.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g