Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Marge Pahmahmie was well know for her fry bread in Horton Kansas. She use to make dishpan's of dough for many of the Indian functions! This is a smaller version of her recipe, for 5 or 6 rounds of bread.
- Mix all dry ingredients well. Add enough water to make biscuit like dough.
- Take about 3 Tablespoons of dough, make into ball and roll in flour.
- Using hands stretch to thin flat rounds (like pancakes).
- Make two 1 inch slits in the center of the round.
- (I just poke my finger through to make two holes.).
- Fry in oil at 365 degrees until lightly browned, turning once.
- The oil should be about 2 inches deep in pan, keeping oil hot.