Recipe by thedixongang
This is an easy, economical take on hummus. My family's been known to eat an entire bowl at one time! I occasionally use fresh garlic and roasted red peppers if I have them. Serve with crackers, pita chips, pretzels or veggies.
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 16 ounces garbanzo beans, rinsed & drained well
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients except garbanzo beans to food processor. Cover & pulse until blended. Add beans, process until smooth.
- Tips: For creamier hummus, add a little more olive oil. For "tangier" hummus, add a little more lemon juice. If your food processor won't make it as smooth as you'd like, transfer the hummus to a bowl and gently mix/mash with the back of a spoon. Enjoy!