There is a local restaurant in Sioux Falls that has a similar soup on the menu. I decided to try to make it at home. this is what I came up with! I hope you enjoy it! **As with any recipe, this is a blueprint. The final design belongs to you!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground sirloin, very lean
- 3 celery ribs, chopped into 1-in chunks
- 3 -4 carrots, peeled and chopped into 1-in chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced (use more or less per your taste)
- 8 ounces frozen baby peas
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-in chunks
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 3 (10 ounce) cans beef consomme
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper (I don't use the salt, and use about 2 teaspoons of pepper)
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- shell macaroni (optional)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a large pot, brown the ground beef with onion and garlic; drain any fat.
- Add in all remaining ingredients except Parmesan cheese,wine,and pasta and simmer for 3 hours or more.
- 1 hour before serving add uncooked pasta
- 1/2 an hour before serving add red wine.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.