1/3 Photos of American Goulash
Growing up in Boston, I never knew that this 50's "once-a-week-at-home dinner" and "once-a-week-at-school lunch" was a regional dish! I still make this probably once every 2 weeks. Easy, cheap and comfort food all rolled into one huge pot! (It is always called American Chop Suey here, but while I was living in LA friends called it Goulash - so I've compromised!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown ground beef, onion and pepper.
- 2Season with garlic salt and pepper.
- 3Add tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- 4Simmer 10 minutes while macaroni is cooking.
- 5Boil macaroni al dente, drain, rinse.
- 6Return macaroni to pot, add beef mixture.
- 7Serve in bowls with shredded cheese.
- 8Even better left over and reheated (add a little tomato juice when reheating, if too dry).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for American Goulash
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.3
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.3 mg
- Sodium 416.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 23.6 g