Recipe by TJTowers
Easy quick meal that the kids LOVE!
Top Review by kittycatmom
Very good base recipe, however a bit bland for our tastes. I added 1 shredded carrot, 1 chopped celery stalk, 1 clove of minced garlic to onions and meat to soften. After tasting we also added sharp shredded cheddar cheese. With all my additions this was delicious. Made for My 3 Chefs 2008.
- 8 ounces macaroni
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni per box instructions.
- Brown beef and add onion until soft.
- Combine salt, pepper, tomatoes and soup and mix well.
- Put mixture in a 2-quart baking dish.
- Melt butter and mix with bread crumbs then sprinkle on top of mixture in baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.