Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
yummy egg and pototoes and ham dish
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup cubed ham
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool. Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- In a cast iron skillet heat oil over meium heat. Add onions and cook slowly, stirring occasionally until onions are soft.
- Stir in eggs, potatoes, ham and salt/pepper. Cook until eggs are firm on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Top frittata with shredded cheese and place in preheated oven until cheese is melted and eggs are completely firm, about 10 minutes.
- You may also transfer everything over to a pie pan right before putting in oven if you do not have a cast iron pan.
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. It's a great way to use up leftover ham and start the day right. Thanks for posting!
Very good! I halved the recipe and used my smaller cast iron skillet. Perfect for my very hungry DH and me, with a little left over to have with lunch! :) I found when I had started cooking that I was out of ham so substituted turkey sausage. Still Delicious! Made for Election Eats 2008