Quick and easy way to serve American Fried potatoes; served at the Northside Farmers Market, Sunday mornings in Madison, Wi. at the Market Cafe. This spices blend is referred to as "Dale's Luv" available for sale at all the Farm Markets that IAN's Farm Market Cafe cooks and serves hot food.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash potatoes and poke with fork.
- Bake potatoes, with skins on, for 25 minutes on top rack of oven.
- Allow potatoes to cool.
- Slice into pieces or slices. Slice very thin for chips.
- Squirt 2 teaspoons vegetable into hot cast iron fry pan; season and fry potato pieces until golden crust on each side.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and cayenne (known as Dale's Luv).
- Remove to a dish with paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Serve with whatever condiments or toppings that "trips your food chain cravings".