Recipe by berry271
I guess I saw this idea somewhere on Pintrest, but not sure where. I did switch things up and used different fruits. It's more of an idea than a recipe. Feel free to use whatever fruits/cheeses strike your fancy. Tried this for our 4th of July picnic. Super easy, fun, and a different twist on the flag cake or jello. This way I could serve something chocolate for dessert and there was still fruit for those who wanted it.
- red fruit (strawberries, red grapes, raspberries etc..)
- blue fruit (blueberries, purple grapes etc..)
- white fruit (white grapes, honeydew etc...)
- white block(s) cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Plan and purchase what fruits and cheeses you want to use. Think about whether you are going to prep this ahead or serve it immediately as that may change what fruit you would use or how you would prepare them. Ie. I would'nt put bananas on this if I wanted to prepare it ahead of time etc.
- Prep fruit as needed. I hulled and halved the strawberries, chopped the honeydew, but I left the grapes and blueberries whole. Do what works for you.
- Cut cheese into cubes.
- Line tray with foil or plastic wrap if desired.
- Place blue fruits in a square bowl or platter and place at the top left corner of your tray. If you don't have a square bowl etc. just lay the blue fruit in the top left corner in a square pattern.
- Lay the red fruit out in stripes across the tray. You could do a stripe of just one fruit or mix the red fruits together and lay them out.
- Fill in the white stripes with white cheese cubes and/or white fruits.
- If not serving immediately, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.