Recipe by Harley Seashell Princess
Mom's recipe. I enjoyed it as a kid, still enjoying as an even bigger kid! I got my friend and her family hooked too! *The kind of Macaroni and Cheese Dinner to be used here is the one in the short fat box with the foil envelope containing the squishy cheese.
Top Review by Bergy
This is comfort food- I did one variation - I made it in the early AM because I had a busy day ahead of me and needed a pop in the oven casserole. I placed it in a casserole, held it in the fridge and 35 minutes before dinner I sprinkled 3 tbsp milk over top, covered it with foil and heated it in a 350Foven, I used smoked Mexican Choizo sausage The red pepper was a mature HOT Serrano pepper. Wonderful flavor. Loved my dinner served with a bit of steamed carrots and Mushrooms peas. Great dinner thanks Harley Princess
- 1 box deluxe kraft macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut diagnally into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup red peppers or 1 cup green pepper, strips
- 2 tablespoons green onions, slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil macaroni for about ten minutes.
- Drain and then stir in the pouch of cheese that comes in the box.
- Set aside.
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat for 6 minutes.
- Ad vegetables and oregano.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add macaroni and cheese and mix lightly.