The bacon makes this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop bacon into small pieces.
- 2Fry until lightly brown; add onion, celery and green pepper and fry them.
- 3Put in potatoes and 2 pints of water.
- 4Season with salt, paprika and half of bay leaf.
- 5Simmer until potatoes are cooked.
- 6Mix flour with half of milk, pour soup into this, stirring continuously.
- 7Pour this back into saucepan and bring to boil.
- 8Add the rest of milk and corn.
- 9Reheat but do not boil.
- 10Serve hot, sprinkled with parsley.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for American Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.7
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 47.1 mg
- Sodium 539.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 17.0 g