Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
The bacon makes this dish.
Make and share this American Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- Chop bacon into small pieces.
- Fry until lightly brown; add onion, celery and green pepper and fry them.
- Put in potatoes and 2 pints of water.
- Season with salt, paprika and half of bay leaf.
- Simmer until potatoes are cooked.
- Mix flour with half of milk, pour soup into this, stirring continuously.
- Pour this back into saucepan and bring to boil.
- Add the rest of milk and corn.
- Reheat but do not boil.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with parsley.