Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Always a favorite in our house.
Make and share this American Chop Suey (Aka - Escalloped Macaroni) recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g elbow macaroni (or any small pasta, such as penne rigate)
- 453.59 g hamburger
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 793.78 g can crushed tomatoes (if using whole canned tomatoes just be sure to crush them, and stewed tomatoes work well too)
- 411.06 g can tomato sauce
- 14.79 ml sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook elbow macaroni as directed on package. Drain.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook hamburg, breaking up as it cooks, till browned.
- Saute' onions and add to hamburg.
- Add remaining ingredients and continue to cook until all ingredients are combined and hot.
- Put elbows into a large serving bowl and pour hamburg/tomato mixture over them. Mix well and serve with crusty Italian bread.
- NOTE: Optional ingredients: green peppers, chopped.