Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my mom's recipe for American Chop Suey. It always tastes so good when she makes it. Posted the recipe so I could find it easier.
- 1 1⁄2 onions, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped coarsely
- 54 ounces campbell's tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- Sauté onions and green peppers until soft, being careful not to overcook.
- Add tomato soup.
- Cook hamburger in a skillet until redness is gone. Add to soup mixture and simmer for awhile.
- Add macaroni to a pot of boiling water. Cook until macaroni is al dente. Drain. Add soup mixture to macaroni, stir and season to taste.
This is the recipe I grew up with and I saw that you were from Mass. Well so am I! This is comfort food from childhood-cheap and easy. Also good heated up the next day or so. Thanks for the memories.
This was really yummy. Used a lot of pans, but I don't really mind. My boyfriend and I both really enjoyed this. He suggested adding ketchup next time...but I don't know about that, haha. I like it just the way it is!
One of my favorite resipes... It was served at my high school and a good friend's Mom had the recipe. I cook elbow macaroni for 5 minutes, then put all together in a casserole dish and bake at 350 for about a 1/2 hour.