Recipe by wirkwoman1
This is my mom's recipe for American Chop Suey. It always tastes so good when she makes it. Posted the recipe so I could find it easier.
Top Review by Soxfan
This is the recipe I grew up with and I saw that you were from Mass. Well so am I! This is comfort food from childhood-cheap and easy. Also good heated up the next day or so. Thanks for the memories.
- 1 1⁄2 onions, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped coarsely
- 54 ounces campbell's tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onions and green peppers until soft, being careful not to overcook.
- Add tomato soup.
- Cook hamburger in a skillet until redness is gone. Add to soup mixture and simmer for awhile.
- Add macaroni to a pot of boiling water. Cook until macaroni is al dente. Drain. Add soup mixture to macaroni, stir and season to taste.