Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) box elbow macaroni
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar tomato sauce (with or without meat)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare elbows according to instructions on box.
- In a large skillet, brown beef, along with peppers and onions.
- Drain grease.
- Add elbows and tomato sauce to beef mixture and blend well.
- Top with mozzarella and serve.
Easy one pot meal - even easier if you use a bag of frozen pepper and onion mix. I like to use a pasta sauce with Roasted Peppers in it too...Very good!
This was so good! I made it with ground turkey meat. I followed the directions, but I did add some seasoned salt,garlic and pepper to the meat. I also added a little brown sugar to the sauce because we like a sweeter sauce. This was so very easy. This is a definate keeper in our house! Thanks!
This is no doubt a great recipe for 4, but i dont think you should call it chop suey because that always has crispy noodles in it!!!