American Chicken & Broccoli Stir-Fry
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet or wok.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes, then remove from the pan.
- Add the broccoli, celery, carrots and red pepper, and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir together the cornstarch slurry, chicken broth, soy sauce, jelly and red pepper flakes.
- Add it to the pan and stir.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and cook the mixture until the sauce is thickened and glossy, about 3 minutes.
- Taste and correct the seasoning with salt and additional red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Divide among four plates and top each with 1 tablespoon of the scallions.