Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut in thin strips
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, very thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in the water
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup grape jelly
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet or wok.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes, then remove from the pan.
- Add the broccoli, celery, carrots and red pepper, and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir together the cornstarch slurry, chicken broth, soy sauce, jelly and red pepper flakes.
- Add it to the pan and stir.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and cook the mixture until the sauce is thickened and glossy, about 3 minutes.
- Taste and correct the seasoning with salt and additional red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Divide among four plates and top each with 1 tablespoon of the scallions.
we made this last night with only one change.i ran out of celery and used leeks.my hubby and children loved it.we will do this again.thanks
I substituted ginger jelly in place of the grape jelly to give the recipe more of an Asian feel. I found the recipe to be good, but still a bit sweet for own my personal preference. Next time I might add some freshly grated ginger in addition to the ginger jelly.