Recipe by James Craig
This recipe was published in the July, 1980 issue of Family Circle magazine.
Top Review by Jenny Walton
I used chicken breasts in a casserole dish, and canned mushrooms. Very yummy and moist! Definitely making it again. I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 star only because it would've been nice if the corn flake crumbs would've been crispy. Mine weren't - maybe because of the butter melting on them? But a definite make again recipe!
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 teaspoons plain flour
- 4 shallots, chopped (including a little green)
- seasoning salt
- 8 medium chicken legs
- corn flake crumbs
- 4 ounces small mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together corn, milk, beaten egg, flour and shallots, spoon into a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle paprika and seasoned flour over the chicken legs, arrange over the top of the corn.
- Sprinkle generously with cornflake crumbs and dot with pieces of butter.
- Bake in a moderate oven about 35 minutes.
- Gently fry the mushrooms in butter until softened, scatter over chicken and continue cooking until the chicken legs are tender.