Recipe by tyk
Taken from http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cheezits.html You can sprinkle a pinch of spice on the slice before microwaving to flavor it. Basil, black pepper, garlic, onion, taco seasoning. Anything you can imagine. I was trying to figure out what to do with American cheese and this makes it actually palatable.
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle slice of cheese with pinch or whatever seasoning you want.
- Cut slice into 16 pieces.
- Arrange on the outer edges of a flat, non-stick surface such as a silicone bake sheet or parchment paper about 1.5-2 inches apart. If you use a plate, the slanted edges will cause the cheese to run towards the center. Too close and the pieces with melt together.
- Microwave for 1 minute, it will start to look slightly golden.
- Microwave for an additional 30 seconds, checking to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Remove from microwave and non-stick surface. Let cool. The final product isn't very pretty but for a total of two minutes, this recipe is amazing.