Taken from http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cheezits.html You can sprinkle a pinch of spice on the slice before microwaving to flavor it. Basil, black pepper, garlic, onion, taco seasoning. Anything you can imagine. I was trying to figure out what to do with American cheese and this makes it actually palatable.
My Private Note
- 1Sprinkle slice of cheese with pinch or whatever seasoning you want.
- 2Cut slice into 16 pieces.
- 3Arrange on the outer edges of a flat, non-stick surface such as a silicone bake sheet or parchment paper about 1.5-2 inches apart. If you use a plate, the slanted edges will cause the cheese to run towards the center. Too close and the pieces with melt together.
- 4Microwave for 1 minute, it will start to look slightly golden.
- 5Microwave for an additional 30 seconds, checking to make sure it doesn't burn.
- 6Remove from microwave and non-stick surface. Let cool. The final product isn't very pretty but for a total of two minutes, this recipe is amazing.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for American Cheese Crisps
Serving Size: 1 (15 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 8.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g