I don't usually make chili with ground beef, but I like this one. Spice it up if you like it hotter. I like the flavor of the jalapenos coming through in this one, so I eat it as is.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 ounces Corona beer (or other Mexican beer)
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄2 cup canned jalapeno slices (with a little juice)
- 15 1⁄2 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (your choice) or 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (your choice)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- tortilla chips (optional) or cracker (optional)
- Brown beef in oil with onions and garlic; drain.
- Stir in beer, tomatoes, jalapeno slices, tomato sauce, bouillon cubes, salt, sugar, pepper, and cumin.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 35-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in chili powder and beans, and cook over medium heat, until beans are heated.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips or crackers and hot sauce on the side, if desired.