Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
I found this on the net
- 2 cups Bugles original flavor snacks
- 2 cups small pretzels
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup dried fruit or 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup peanuts or 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 16 hershey brand milk chocolate kisses
- In a large bowl mix everything except the kisses.
- Place 1/3-1/2 cups Blessing mix in small cellophane treat bags.
- Add one kiss to each bag.
- Close bag with chenille stem or twist tie.
- Bugles:Shaped like cornucopia or Horn of Plenty,a symbol of our Nation's abundance Pretzels:Arms folded in preyer,a freedom sought by the founders of our country Candy Corn:Sacrifices of the Pilgrim's first winter.
- Food was so scarce that the settlers survived on just a few kernels of corn per day Nuts or seeds:Promise of a future harvest,one will reap only if seeds are planted and tended to with diligence.
- Dried Fruites:Harvest gifts of our bountiful land.
- M&Ms:Memories of those who came before us to guide us to a blessed future.
- Hershey's Kiss:The love of family and friends that sweetens our lives.
Thanks, NovaLee - I was having a hard Thanksgiving today, and came across this recipe. Will make and give it with thanks for many Thanksgivings to come!
Wonderful idea for Thanksgiving! I made these in Wilton plastic disposable decorating bags (to resemble a cornucopia). I printed the blessing on the computer and stapled it to the top of each bag. I placed one on the top of each plate on the Thanksgiving table. We read this blessing as our prayer before dinner. Everyone young and old alike, loved it! I made 12 of these, and added each ingredient individually to the bags to make sure each bag got some of each ingredient.
I made this up for Thanksgiving gifts. What a wonderful treat. Great mixture of sweet and salty, and I love the sympbolism of each item. This truly is a great "gift". Thanks