Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe used to be on the box of American Beauty Lasagna noodles about 25 years ago. They have since changed their recipe but in my opinion this is the best version!
- 9 -11 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 lb hamburger, browned
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package spaghetti sauce mix
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 4 (6 ounce) cans water
- 24 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Cook lasagna noodles as directed.
- Brown hamburger.
- Add spaghetti mix, tomato paste and water to the browned hamburger.
- Mix well and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While sauce is cooking, mix cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese and parsley together.
- Layer sauce, noodles and cheese mixture in this order in a 9 x 13 baking dish. End with sauce on the top.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and place in a 350 oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Thank you Thank you Thank you!! I used this recipe for years and then lost it. I don't like the new recipe from American Beauty as well, or any others that I have tried (and there are good ones out there) but this is the best and I have been trying to find it for a long time. My family has been asking for this, so I will have a family dinner this weekend and surprise them with this wonderful lasagna! Also, I'm putting it in a recipe book of my favorite recipes for my daughter :-) (And to American Beauty - if it ain't broke - don't fix it!)
OMG!!!! You don't know how long I have searched for the recipe!!! I knew it had the tomato paste and spaghetti sauce mix, just didn't know the quantities. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for posting it. I even contacted American Beauty for their help and all they sent me was the one with the jar spaghetti sauce...no thank you, this one is the BEST EVER!!! Once again thank you Jazz Lover for posting it.
This is a classic recipe - I've never tasted another lasagna like this one - so delicious!