Recipe by Jazz Lover
This recipe used to be on the box of American Beauty Lasagna noodles about 25 years ago. They have since changed their recipe but in my opinion this is the best version!
Top Review by kajarman
Thank you Thank you Thank you!! I used this recipe for years and then lost it. I don't like the new recipe from American Beauty as well, or any others that I have tried (and there are good ones out there) but this is the best and I have been trying to find it for a long time. My family has been asking for this, so I will have a family dinner this weekend and surprise them with this wonderful lasagna! Also, I'm putting it in a recipe book of my favorite recipes for my daughter :-) (And to American Beauty - if it ain't broke - don't fix it!)
- 9 -11 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 lb hamburger, browned
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package spaghetti sauce mix
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 4 (6 ounce) cans water
- 24 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lasagna noodles as directed.
- Brown hamburger.
- Add spaghetti mix, tomato paste and water to the browned hamburger.
- Mix well and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While sauce is cooking, mix cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese and parsley together.
- Layer sauce, noodles and cheese mixture in this order in a 9 x 13 baking dish. End with sauce on the top.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and place in a 350 oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.