Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I created this recipe to use up excess vegetables from my home garden. You could probably be creative and sub any veggy's or cheese you prefer and if you wanted to save the time you could use frozen bread dough.Time to cook does not include time in bread maker or time to chop vegetables.
- 1 cup warm skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups finely chopped carrots
- 1⁄2 lb chopped swiss chard (or spinach)
- 1 cup low-fat American cheese
- Place first 8 ingredients in bread maker and select dough setting.
- When dough is ready divide in half and roll one half into 12" circle and the other half into a 10" circle.
- Put 12" circle in bottom and up sides of a 10" round pan.
- Combine onion,green pepper, zucchini, carrots, and swiss chard and spread over dough.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with 10" circle of dough. Pinch top and bottom crust together.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve topped with warm pizza sauce.