Chef Jen #1's Note:
I created this recipe to use up excess vegetables from my home garden. You could probably be creative and sub any veggy's or cheese you prefer and if you wanted to save the time you could use frozen bread dough.Time to cook does not include time in bread maker or time to chop vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup warm skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 lb chopped swiss chard (or spinach)
- 1 cup low-fat American cheese
- 1Place first 8 ingredients in bread maker and select dough setting.
- 2When dough is ready divide in half and roll one half into 12" circle and the other half into a 10" circle.
- 3Put 12" circle in bottom and up sides of a 10" round pan.
- 4Combine onion,green pepper, zucchini, carrots, and swiss chard and spread over dough.
- 5Sprinkle with cheese.
- 6Cover with 10" circle of dough. Pinch top and bottom crust together.
- 7Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8Serve topped with warm pizza sauce.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for American 5 Vegetable Stuffed Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.4
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 275.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat American cheese