Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fresh herbs give this classic dip its clean, fresh flavor and distinctive color; don't use dried herbs. For an accurate measurement of boiling water, bring a full kettle of water to a boil, then measure out the desired amount. The dip can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 day. Season with additional lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste before serving. Recipe is from the new “America’s Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook.” Yield: Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
- 1 cup 1% low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water (see note above, for measuring)
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh chives
- Process the cottage cheese and boiling water together in a food processor until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add the sour cream, oil, lemon juice, parsley, tarragon, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and continue to process until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the chives. Cover and refrigerate until the flavors have blended, about 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.