Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Egg Rolls with American traditions.
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg roll wraps
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (8 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese
- 2 cups canola oil
- 10 ounces hot water
- Brown hamburger with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Drain well and pat dry. You can use either cabbage and carrots and shred through food processor or use coleslaw mix. Use small amounts of meat, slaw mix and cheddar cheese. Follow the instructions on the back of the wrapper package to roll. Remember to roll tight. Use the hot water to seal edges. Either cook in deep fryer or an electric skillet at about 350 degrees and turn when brown. Use tongs and drain well and put in a dish on it's end. Sweet and sour sauce and soy sauce will enhance the taste.
- Of course, you can omit the coleslaw mix, and replace hamburger with either shrimp, pork or even chicken!