Recipe by Vicki in CT
This is a super quick fix, vegetarian, healthy meal. Can add cooked chicken if desired. Can use soy mayo for vegan.
Top Review by mama smurf
This was very good. I followed the directions only added a splash of soy and about 1/4-1/2 tsp. of sesame oil to the dresssing. I didn't have peanuts so I sub toasted slivered almonds. Will make this again. Thank you! Made for Zaar Alphabet Soup 2009.
- 85.04 g package ramen noodles (your choice of flavors)
- 236.59 ml cabbage, shredded
- 4 scallions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2-3 carrots (shredded or julienned)
- snow peas, julienned (optional)
- 44.37 ml mayonnaise (I use reduced fat)
- 2.46 ml sambal oelek (or more to suit your taste)
- 4.92-9.85 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml peanuts, chopped
- cilantro, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to boil. Add HALF of seasoning packet (to reduce sodium). Boil noodles for only two minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile for dressing, combine mayo, sambal olek, and lemon juice.
- In a medium to large sized bowl toss cabbage, carrots, scallions, snow peas (if using). Add cooled noodles (cool, room temp or slightly warmer fine too). Toss with dressing.
- To serve, top with peanuts and cilantro. Season to taste.