This Golden Roasted Sweet Cauliflower fragrant with rosemary, garlic, and saffron is submitted this here http://www.cuisinartstandmixer.com/recipes/index.php?recipe_id=2479 hope you enjoy and do vote for it!. It is topped with rich creamy roasted garlic sauce.
- 1 large cauliflower (trimmed and cut into bite size pieces)
- 16 garlic cloves, peeled and lightly crushed
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron thread, NOT packed if overdone it can be bitter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, warmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, adding more if needed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- lemon slice
- fresh rosemary sprig
- Preheated oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse cut cauliflower and do not dry.
- Mix oil, rosemary, saffron, salt, pepper and garlic together. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour over cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Place in a large cookie sheet pan in one layer.
- Roast for 15 minutes; give a toss and bake for 15 more minutes, toss and then an other 15 minutes, till crisp edges and tender. Do roast for an other 15 minutes if more tenderness is desired.
- Remove cauliflower and place in serving bowl.
- Remove garlic and herbs and place in blender or small food processor with 1/4 cup olive oil and lemon juice. Pulse till smooth. Pour over cauliflower and watch it disappear. Or place in a bowl for dipping or spread on crisp bread.
Yum, what a delicious way to prepare cauliflower. I knew I would love it when I saw that it calls for 16 cloves of garlic LOL! I halved the recipe. My oven went kaput this week so I actually made this on the grill, which worked perfectly with the exception that the garlic burned a bit on the bottom of the pan so I decided against making the extra sauce (thought it would be bitter). I can't wait to try this again so I can gobble up all that delicious roasted garlic, though! Thanks, Rita! Made for Veg Swap 35.
I love roasted cauliflower and garlic so I knew I would love this! The lemon was so good! Thanks Rita! Made for Vegetarian Swap-Mar. 2010!
It's a winner in our family cookbook! I had a full head of cauliflower left over from Turkey Appetizer to use up *see my awesome photos! I served this to my family & guests last night and got 5***** from all! I made a few subtle adjustments. I roasted at 425Â° for (2) 15 minute cycles. I also tossed all the ingredients in a zip lock bag. I couldn't quite figure out where the "garlic and herbs" was supposed to come from so I scraped the remaining garlic and herbs out of the bag and roasted them in a separately in an oven proof bowl for 15 minutes and set aside.( I later figured out that the garlic and herbs come off the baking sheet). I then added the EVOO and lemon to the roasted garlic & herbs and used my hand blender to mix. DELISH! I would have never thought cauliflower could be so good. I was never fond of the stuff before tonight! Thanks Rita and GOOD luck!