Ambrosia Salad with Acini De Pepe (small pasta dots) is a wonderful cold fruity sweet dish that is so good. If you're looking for that SPECIAL "dish to pass" TRY this recipe ! Unfortunately I got the recipe from a gathering after a funeral. I've made it many times and tried to perfect it to taste. The original recipe had 1/2 cup shredded coconut (this can be added if you desire) but I prefer to leave it out. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do !!!! (For the best results make sure to follow directions exactly and allow to refrigerate overnight) For Holidays (Halloween / St. Patrick's Day Green food coloring can be used or Valentines Day use more red food coloring)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the absolute BEST Summer Ambrosia Salad Please follow directions exactly.
- 2Boil the 1 cup of Acini De Pepe according to pasta box instructions.
- 3While the pasta is cooking, Add drained crushed pineapple, drained mandarin oranges, sour cream, 1 tub of whipped topping and 8 drops of red food coloring to a large container (I use a large plastic tub with lid).
- 4On the top of all the other ingredients add 3/4 of the bag of mini-marshmallows (DO NOT STIR YET).
- 5When pasta is done cooking drain completely (DO NOT COOL).
- 6Pour drained pasta on top of the mini-marshmallows in your container.
- 7Allow to sit or about 1 minute.
- 8This allows the marshmallows to melt a bit.
- 9Stir until mixed well (it will be very soupy).
- 10Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 11The next morning (the ingredients will be firm) add the second tub of whipped topping and the rest of the mini-marshmallows.
- 12Stir well.
- 13Keep refrigerated until serving.
- 14Your guests will RAVE over this dish.
- 15I bring it to every summer party and people always look forward to having it!
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ambrosia With Acini Di Pepe
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.6
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 47.0 mg
- Sodium 101.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 36.1 g
- Protein 5.7 g