Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
It's hard to believe that cranberries, apples, green grapes, pineapple, mashmallows and Cool Whip can make such a delightful tasting salad. It's abit different from the usual Waldorf Salad, but a great compliment to your holiday meal.
- 2 cups frozen cranberries, partially thawed and cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups diced unpeeled golden delicious apples
- 1 cup green seedless grape (*See note)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberries and sugar; mix thoroughly.
- In a 3-quart (12 cup) bowl, add the marshmallows, apples, grapes, and pineapple.
- Add the cranberry/sugar mixture; mix well.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Cover, and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- *Note: If using rather large grapes, cut them in half.
- If the grapes are small in size, I do not bother cutting them in half.
Ok, saw this in a thread in CC, hard to believe no one has tried it. Wowzier! I now have a new favorite Summertime (anytime) salad. A nice change from a green one, easy to make & I just love cranberries. Thanks DG for sharing.