Recipe by Seasoned Cook
A VERY PRETTY DISH! All the right flavors which blend well with sweet potatoes. Easy to prepare. This recipe is from a local fund raiser cookbook and was submitted by Sudie Blanchard.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although I do have my own ways of making tasty sweet potato dishes, THIS IS REALLY OUTSTANDING, in preparation AND presentation as well as in taste ~ ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! Don't know if it was meant to be done this way, but I didn't peel the potatoes (I usually don't, 'cause I like the skins!), & that just added to the overall taste AND nutrition! (All that sugar IS nutritious, isn't it?) Thanks for a wonderful keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my groupmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #29]
- 6 cups sweet potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 1⁄2 orange
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 (9 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- maraschino cherry (for decorating)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sweet potatoes in a baking dish. Slice orange and lemon into thin slices.
- Alternate layering slices on top of sweet potatoes.
- Combine drained pineapple, brown sugar and melted butter. Pour mixture over sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Decorate with cherries. Bake in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes.