Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From KESQ.com website.
- 6 -7 cups cooked sweet potatoes
- 9 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup of melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- maraschino cherry, for the trimming
- Thinly slice 1/2 lemon and 1/2 orange with peels. Alternate with 6 or 7 cups of , cooked sweet potatoes in a 11 1/2 x 7 1/2 x 1 1/2 buttered casserol dish.
- Combine crushed pineapple, brown sugar, melted butter and salt. Pour over all sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded coconut. Trim with maraschino cherries.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about 30 minutes.