Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 mins
Very nice dessert thats not too sweet nor too rich...so the serving size suggested can be increased!!! nice crust and the oranges give it a little bit of tanginess.
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crust
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 envelope prepared dream whip dessert topping
- 2 cups coconut, toasted (I find 1 cup enough)
- Prepare graham crumb crust recipe, adding nuts to mixture.
- Press firmly into 13 x 9" pan.
- Beat cream cheese until soft.
- Gradually add 1/2 c of the milk, beat until smooth.
- In seperate bowl, prepare pudding mix as directed on pkg using the remaining 2 1/2 cups milk.
- Add prepared pudding to cream cheese mixture in three additions, beating on low speed.
- Fold in oranges.
- Layer bananas on crust.
- Spoon pudding mixture over bananas, spread prepared dessert topping evenly over pudding mixture.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Chill 4 hours.
- Cut into squares.
- (for toasted coconut, I usually just put under broiler for a minute or 2 and stir a couple of times, others may choose to'bake' it first).
I made a few changes when I made this. I find I like more bottom crust so I make more of the graham cracker crust, about 1-1/2 crust ingredients. I can only find 4 serving size puddings in Jello brand (106g) so I make up 2 pkgs, I only use about 3-1/2 cups milk for both packages, as I like the pudding more solid. I don't use all the pudding, I keep about a cup out and eat like that. I use 2 cans of mandarin orange segments and no bananas. I don't fold in the oranges, I line them up on top of the pudding. I buy Cool Whip and use that instead of mixing up the powder stuff. I only use about 1 cup toasted coconut. We love this dessert made this way.