Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Power Foods for Kids: Ambrosia Salad Another recipe from Parents Magazine: Boost your child's immunity with this delicious dish, filled with nutrients kids need for optimal health. Serve for dessert, or for lunch with some crackers or bread.
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained, 2 Tbs. juice reserved
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 oranges, peeled, sectioned, and halved
- 1 small green apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 small red apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup mini marshmallows
- In large bowl, combine mandarin oranges, pineapple, orange sections, and sliced apples.
- In small bowl, whisk together 2 Tbs. juice reserved from mandarin oranges, yogurt, sugar, and salt.
- Pour over fruit and gently toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with coconut and marshmallows.
Refreshing flavors and the small amount of marshmallows really make it good. I did use a lot more yogurt in it. Thanks for posting,JMigs. Roxygirl