Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A kids (and adults) favorite
Make and share this Ambrosia Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, well drained
- 15 ounces peaches, drained and diced (not in heavy syrup)
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup halved maraschino cherry, drained
- Beat together pudding, whipped topping and milk. Fold in remaining ingredients. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
I used with homemade whipped cream instead of store bought whipped topping. This was delicious. I might try with sugar free pudding next time just to cut some of the calories. Our first time was for the 4th of July, and it will soon be a regular for special parties and holidays! I bet the addition of pecans would be good too, but not everyone likes them, so I might just add to my serving next time.
Who doesn't love a good ambrosia salad? Perfect for holidays or picnics. I liked the mix of fruit in this recipe and the fact that it doesn't call for nuts.
This was the absolute hit of Thanksgiving dinner! Thanks for sharing it. now to get it made for Christmas! :) Happy Holidays