Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A kids (and adults) favorite
- 3 1⁄2 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, well drained
- 15 ounces peaches, drained and diced (not in heavy syrup)
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup halved maraschino cherry, drained
- Beat together pudding, whipped topping and milk. Fold in remaining ingredients. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Delicious! I love ambrosia, and this one is great.
I used with homemade whipped cream instead of store bought whipped topping. This was delicious. I might try with sugar free pudding next time just to cut some of the calories. Our first time was for the 4th of July, and it will soon be a regular for special parties and holidays! I bet the addition of pecans would be good too, but not everyone likes them, so I might just add to my serving next time.
Who doesn't love a good ambrosia salad? Perfect for holidays or picnics. I liked the mix of fruit in this recipe and the fact that it doesn't call for nuts.