Recipe by bwonder54
Our family always had this for Easter. It is a lovely fruity spring salad we always looked forward too, and it is colorful, too.
Top Review by ~*Miss Diggy*~
Made this tonight for a BBQ get together we were having in our neighborhood. I needed something that was quick and used stuff that I had on hand, and this fit the bill. I used pineapple rings, but just sliced them, and then used white marshmellows and 16 oz (I dont even think that is a whole pint, is it) of sour cream seemed like waaay too much, so I did it until it covered everything. It tastes good, but I think next time I will add some cool whip, just to make it a little sweeter. Thanks so much!
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package miniature marshmallows (I used to use the colored ones at Easter because they looked like colored easter eggs)
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded coconut
- 1 pint sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- I chill all ingredients before mixing.
- Combine the fruit in a pretty glass bowl, then add the coconut and the sour cream.
- Finally add the marshmallows.
- I have also added walnuts, kiwi fruit, apples, raisins and sometimes mix the sour cream with cool whip. I kind of play around with it once in a while just for variety.