Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was originally made into a 9" pie, but I sometimes enjoy the simplicity of using it as a pudding! The JUNKET brand Danish Dessert also comes in a raspberry flavor, if you can find it on the grocery shelf! Preparation time does not include time needed to chill.
- 1 (4 3/4 ounce) package strawberry-flavor danish dessert mix (JUNKET brand)
- 1⁄2 cup mandarin orange segments, well drained
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted (optional)
- Prepare JUNKET Danish Dessert, AS A PUDDING, according to directions on package, then allow to cool slightly.
- Fold in orange segments, pineapple & bananas.
- Pour into serving bowl, & chill at least 4 hours until firm.
- If desired, garnish with toasted coconut just before serving.
Great quick fix dessert snack (especially when it's 92F outside and too hot to cook). I don't think Junket is sold here on the east coast b/c I can never seem to find it. I substituted instant vanilla pudding mix and added some red food coloring. I think (from Google search) it is more of a glaze that you would put over cheesecake or something. No matter, came out great and tasted so yummy!
top stuff!!! :)