Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe was originally made into a 9" pie, but I sometimes enjoy the simplicity of using it as a pudding! The JUNKET brand Danish Dessert also comes in a raspberry flavor, if you can find it on the grocery shelf! Preparation time does not include time needed to chill.
Top Review by 2Bleu
Great quick fix dessert snack (especially when it's 92F outside and too hot to cook). I don't think Junket is sold here on the east coast b/c I can never seem to find it. I substituted instant vanilla pudding mix and added some red food coloring. I think (from Google search) it is more of a glaze that you would put over cheesecake or something. No matter, came out great and tasted so yummy!
- 1 (4 3/4 ounce) package strawberry-flavor danish dessert mix (JUNKET brand)
- 1⁄2 cup mandarin orange segments, well drained
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare JUNKET Danish Dessert, AS A PUDDING, according to directions on package, then allow to cool slightly.
- Fold in orange segments, pineapple & bananas.
- Pour into serving bowl, & chill at least 4 hours until firm.
- If desired, garnish with toasted coconut just before serving.