Prep 5 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful jello mold my grandmother makes at Easter.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups Cool Whip (thawed)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages orange gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup coconut (optional)
- Drain pineapple; reserve juice. Add cold water to juice to make 1 cup.
- Stir boiling water and jello in large bowl until dissolved. Add the (cold) pineapple juice mixture and refrigerate 1 1/2 hours or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in Cool Whip with wire whisk until smooth. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until mixture will mound and then add pineapple, oranges, marshmallows, and coconut. Spoon in to 6 cup mold.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Unmold and serve.
I couldn't believe I hadn't rated this. I've made it with orange, lime and apricot jellos. Very good, very refreshing, very pretty, very easy!
The jello salad set up very nice, it was easy to make and best of all tasted good. We're having it for lunch today with 2 of my other PAC recipes that I made Beef Stroganoff and Decadent Chocolate Cookie Bars. Also serving Cauliflower With Fresh Cilantro that I was to make 2 months ago in the Middle East & North Africa N*A*M*E ~ Tag Game. I abopted winter rowand for PAC Fall 2006 game