Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
We always make this delicious fruit salad for Holidays and Summer cook outs. It's pretty simple and low in fat! A bit different from other Ambrosia recipes i've seen. No marshmallows or oranges. Comes out creamy, cool and perfect!
- 2⁄3 cup acini di pepe pasta
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 eggs
- 20 ounces pineapple tidbits (drained, liquid set aside)
- 20 ounces fruit cocktail (drained, liquid set aside)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry (i like a few more)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Boil acine de pepe, drain, set aside.
- In a sauce pan mix sugar, salt and flour.
- Beat together eggs and juice from fruit cans.
- Stir into sugar mixture.
- Heat until thickened.
- Mix with acine de pepe.
- Chill 2-3 hours.
- Add fruit and cool whip.